Performance Testing with JMeter
Apache JMeter is an open source application tool designed to load test functional behavior and measure performance on static pages, dynamic resources, and web applications. It can be used to simulate a heavy load on a server or group of servers, database, or network to test its strength, or to analyse overall performance under different load types. JMeter can be used for test plan building, load test running, and load test analysis. It has a GUI mode that allows you to create test plans manually, choose from a variety of templates, or record the application from a browser session. GUI mode also allows for debugging and viewing results.
Once the test plan is ready, you can use the non-GUI mode to run a load test from the command line. It can generate a CSV or XML file containing results and have JMeter generate an HTML report from that data.
Key features of Apache JMeter include:
- License: Since JMeter is open source, it is free and easily available.
- Graphical User Interface: Simple, user friendly and easy to learn as compared to other performance testing tools.
- Server/ Protocol Support: JMeter has ability to load and performance test different applications/server/protocols. A few protocols includes HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SOAP/REST, Database via JDBS, LDAP, JMS, SMTP(S), POP(3) and IMAP(S), Native Commands/ Shell Scripts and TCP.
- Platform: JMeter is pure java software. Therefore, it is platform independent and supports all environment.
- Simulation: Simulate multiple users by using virtual users or unique users in order to generate heavy traffic on web server or services.
- Supports Distributed Testing: It has master slave for distributed testing where master will distribute tests among all slaves and slaves will execute scripts against your server.
- Test Result Visualisation: Test result can b view in different formats like Graph, Table, Tree, and Report, etc.
- Reporting: By default, JMeter provides XML and CVS Report Formats only. We can use Jmeter and ANT together to obtain HTML report as per the requirement.
- Testing Types: Apart from just Performance, Load, Stress testing Jmeter works well for Functional, Regression and Soak/Endurance testing too.
- Record and Playback: Record user scenario/action in Firefox Browser and play scripts.
- Framework: Multi-threading framework allows concurrent and simultaneous sampling of different functions by many or separate thread groups.
- Installation: No Complex installation required – Just run JMeter.bat on windows / run Jmeter.sh on Linux.
- Knowledge: Jmeter does not require extensive programming knowledge. Only prior knowledge Java language is preferred.
Apache JMeter is one of the best open source tools for Load and Performance testing. It can be widely used for a variety of applications. The services offered by us are:
- We use JMeter as a unit testing tool for FTP, LDAP, JMS, HTTP, Webservices, JDBC database connections
- Testing OS Native processes and also TCP connections using JMeter. It can be used as a monitor when advanced monitoring solutions are needed
- Variable parameterization, Per thread cookies, configuration variables, assertions or response validations are some of the other supports of JMeter. The architecture of Jmeter is based on Plug-ins and many splendid features can be implemented using plug-ins
- We use Apache JMeter not only for web testing but also a number of other test functions
- We use Apache JMeter 2.7 to test performances of both static and dynamic resources like files, servlets, and others
- Our developers and testing engineers also use them to simulate a heavy load on networks, servers or the object and test the strength; they also analyze and test the performance in different load conditions and types
- We also use it to test the load and performances on different servers like HTTP, HTTPS, Mail servers and so on.
- We develop some customized plug-ins for testing certain features and aspects of the application. We offer comprehensive software testing and other related solutions.
Skills and matrix
Simnovus helps you predict application behavior and performance in a simulated, real-life environment, thus saving you from unpleasant events later, which frustrate customers and impact profitability.
- We ensure the application is responsive and reliable enough to respond to peak load days like a black Friday sale and can also scale to other future events like product release, acquisitions, new clients, regulatory changes and ongoing business growth. We also ensure the applications can meet any contractual obligations and SLAs for performance.
- We conduct performance testing of applications across domains and technologies, including web-based n-tier applications, client-server applications, SOA based solutions or COTS solutions.
- We have experience with all industry-leading performance testing and monitoring tools, along with expertise in end-to-end application performance including network, database, hardware, etc.
- We publish a detailed performance testing report for the application with response times, break-point, peak load, memory leaks, resource utilization, uptime, etc. We provide clear and actionable application tuning recommendations and help you implement those working closely with various IT teams in your enterprise.
- Cost Optimization by identifying load and performance issues before the customer is impacted
- Detailed and easy to understand documentation of test results help the stakeholders understand real application behavior.
- Full-cycle performance engineering services.
- Extensive resource pool available with expertise in proprietary, open source (e.g. JMeter), and third-party tools (LoadRunner, VSTS, LoadComplete, etc.)
- Automated Testing
- Data Analytics
- Domain Based Testing
- Domain Independent Testing
- ENTERPRISE PRODUCT DEV
- IoT (Internet of Things)
- Mobile Development
- Telecom Wireless
- Web Scale Product Design & Development
Why Choose Simnovus
- Technology Excellence across platforms
- Business ideas into commercial applications
- Domain Intensive Value Proposition
- Significant Cost Reduction with ODC model
- Get 2-4 weeks Risk-Free Trial before kick-start
- Pool of expertise in Agile Teams to choose
- Flexible work hours based on need
- Commitment to excellence, Reliable
- Competitive cost Proposition
- Wider platform coverage
- Business application & interface development
- Highly trained resources
- Commitment to Quality
- Agile methodologies & practices
- Deep domain & functional expertise
- Happy international clients
- Software programming and testing
- Cross-platform development skills
- Multiple OS, tools, technology skills
- Web, mobile & business applications
- Automated testing across industry verticals
- Optimized, high-productivity porting
- Effective communication
- International Project Management skills