LTE EPC Testing
Product Development & Testing Services for wrap-around testing of core network elements in LTE.
Product Development & Testing Services for LTE EPC
Simnovus’s Telecom Testing CoEWe have complete set of interface and protocol expertise that can effectively be used in functional and load testing of LTE core network elements. In EPC functional testing area, we can test messages for send or receive of any protocol messages of all the supported interfaces & also can verify IP user plane. In the receiving side, we can verify the EPC solutions that can calculate bit error rate (BER) from the received PRBS sequence. We also possess expertise on BER testing.
Stateful application data can also be generated and verified. In load testing, our LTE EPC expertise can test heavy loads of control-plane and user-plane traffic test scenarios. We can also comprehensively test security protocols, support for IPSec, authentication algorithm, NAS ciphering/integrity and other advanced features.
Wrap-around testing in LTE EPCWe have long experience of doing wrap-around testing of the core network elements in LTE—MME, S-GW and PDN-GW—either individually or in combination. All the necessary elements and interfaces surrounding the system under test (SUT) can be tested. We may wrap the SUT by using S1-MME, S1-U, S11, S5, S10, S6a, Gx, Gxc, and other interfaces as needed and perform required test cases.
The main topology change in LTE vs. UMTS is the segregation of access control and mobility management in the MME, allowing the SGW and PGW to be dedicated to user traffic routing, management, and charging.
Mobility Management Entity (MME) – network access control, subscriber authentication and UE validation, gateway selection, MME selection, UE paging
Serving Gateway (SGW) –terminates EPC interface towards the E-UTRAN, user packet routing/forwarding and buffering (downlink traffic is buffered when UE is idle and during mobility), transport-level packet marking (DSCP), accounting per UE and QoS Class Identifier (QCI) for offline charging, mobility anchor for UMTS/LTE mobility, local mobility anchor for inter-E-UTRAN mobility
Packet Data Network (PDN) Gateway (PGW) – terminates EPC interface towards the PDN, UE IP address anchor, address allocation, user packet routing, packet filtering via DPI, packet screening, DSCP, service-level gating control/rate and policy enforcement, service-level online charging.
Other EPC management elements provide and collect information regarding subscribers, subscriber activity, and network policies:
- Home Subscriber Server (HSS)
- Policy and Charging Rule Function (PCRF)
- Offline Charging System (OFCS)
- Online Charging System (OCS)
These interfaces are performance intensive, and need to support millions of subscribers, a substantially high calls/sec with messaging. We can validate TFTs, TEIDs, QoS and all network conditions, policy rules etc.
LTE EPC Performance testing
- MME testing – S1-MME, S6a, SLs, SLg, and S11 interfaces – control plane performance tests.
- Gateway testing (SGW and PGW) – control plane interfaces, user plane interfaces (S1-U and SGi), and the S5 interface which includes both control and user planes. Test of dynamic policy management (QoS) and charging/credit control, a full test of the data capabilities of the gateways like Gx, Rx, Gy, and Gz interface testing concurrent with S11, S1-U, S5, and SGi testing.
At a GlanceSimnovus focusses on testing new technologies & technology generations. It aims to be a preferred partner for enterprises that develop software products based on Telecom Wireless, along with providing QA / Testing services (products & services).
- Focussed on Telecom Wireless, Mobile & Internet technologies.
- Expertise on telecom product development (Wireless), strong on all latest technologies in telecom wireless networks (2G, 3G, IMS, WiMAX, LTE..). We have telecom teams who are one of the first ones in India who worked on LTE & Air Interface.
- Deployment, testing of telecom network equipments and solutions.Focus on implementation, support, development, upgrade, rollouts & QA services for Telecoms.
- Simnovus brings in a very strong competency pool and experienced professional expertise that makes project commitments more reliable and consistent.
- Proven offshore delivery model to provide competitive edge
Key Service Offerings
- Product Development on C, C++, Java
- Field deployment & testing of telecom equipments
- Proprietary scripting for baseline releases
- Applications for all technology generations- GMS, CDMA, UMTS, LTE (RAN, EPC, Air).
- Telecom Wireless Consulting
- E2E QA solution for LTE, EPC, IMS, WiMAX
- Regression, Load Testing
- Expertise on various simulators proprietary scripts to test against real/simulated SUT/DUT
- Bug tracking; test plans & execution
- Sanity & regression tests of new packages/baselines
Key EPC Specialities
- Protocol testing
- EPC Nodes and Network elements testing
- 3G/4G/5G Packet Core (EPC) testing
- Performance tests for MME, SGW, PGW
- Policy and Charging Control Testing
- MAP Testing
- LTE Testing
- VoLTE Testing
- CIoT Testing
- DPI Testing
- Diameter, MAP, and GTP traffic analysis
- Diameter Testing/Diameter Routing Testing
- Diameter Network/DRA Testing
- Test and Measurement
- Testing Policy Management
- Usage Reporting and Monitoring
- Surviving EPC Network Node Failure